Working at TSL
1st Shift Yard Help - Kansas City, MO
About TSL Companies
TSL Companies is one of the most technologically advanced international transportation firms in the country. We provide our customers with transportation of their products via ocean, rail and over-the-road trucking to locations worldwide. TSL has been family owned since its origination in 1981. We believe in growing individuals and promoting from within.
- Safe and legal operation of heavy equipment.
- Accurate completion of all necessary paperwork and tablet data entry related to inspection of containers and intermodal equipment.
- Inspect containers and equipment for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips.
- Hook and unhook trailers from the tractor itself or from converter dollies, including pushing and/pulling dollies into place and cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailers and/or the front support on converter dollies.
- Apply knowledge of equipment operation and skill in maneuvering vehicle safely at low speeds in difficult situations, such as inclement weather or in tight spaces.
- Ability to read gauges, dials, fluid levels, and control systems.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while operating heavy equipment for the majority of the shift.
- Must be able to operate foot pedals.
- Must be able to perform frequent bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching, and balancing to ensure proper inspections on containers and equipment.
- Must be able to frequently reach above shoulder level, at waist level and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate equipment.
- Must be able to spend the majority of the shift standing and or walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, metal, and sometimes on slippery and wet surfaces.
- Must be able to frequently hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, lock and release container locks, attach and release safety chains, open and close cargo doors, climb into and out of vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine oil and coolant levels.
- Must be able to perform frequent pushing weights up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to perform frequent pulling of weights up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally carry freight weighing 1 pound to 100 pounds of varying size and shape and distance of at least 1 foot but usually no more than 75 feet.
- Must be able to frequently exit and enter the vehicle’s cab. Cab floor level is generally from 36 to 66 inches from ground level, with exit and entry achieved with the assistance of various configurations of steps and handholds.
- Competitive Wages
- Medical Insurance (PPO and HDHP Options)
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Driver/Yard/Mechanic Referral Bonuses
- Weekly Pay
TSL is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Standard Application for Employment
- Consumer Disclosure and Authorization Form
- Optional Upload of Resume
Posted 19 days ago